First Time Vending Machine User Ensnared
Posted 1 year ago in Other
We’ve all been tempted to stick our hands in a vending machine to grab the delicious hanging treats inside, but anyone who’s watched The Simpsons knows the risk.
Probably a little too young to have caught that episode, 4 year-old Leo Shorthouse made the classic error and ended up getting stuck for six hours.
His father, Aaron Shorthouse, said “we live up in Arnhem Land, Northern Territory, and I don’t think he’s seen a vending machine before”.
The family from Arnhem Land, a remote Aussie town to the North, were visiting Melbourne when the ordeal occurred.
Little Leo’s appetite for snacks meant that the fire department had to cut the vending machine open to free him from the anti-theft mechanism.
He also had to be sedated for the complicated extraction process. Leo was taken to hospital in a stable condition. He’ll probably think twice next time he goes for that dangling bag of Oreos.